Aubergines Au Gratin
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 204g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 1g
- 250 Grams Aubergines, sliced thinly approximately 1cm (1 Large of a couple of small)
- 4 tomatoes, skin removed,
- 1 Tbs tomato puree
- 8 Cloves cloves garlic, more if you like garlic
- 2 Tabsp breadcrumbs
- ½ cup packed Basil
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbls Parmesan, grated
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/gas 5.
- Peal Tomatoes and Garlic and then put Tomatoes, Garlic, and Basil in a food processor and make a fresh tomato caulis
- Plunge the aubergines into boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
- Drain very thoroughly, then arrange in a large flat, lightly oiled baking dish
- Spread the Caulis thickly over the aubergine and sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Season and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle the top with Parmesan Cheese and return to the oven until the cheese has melted.