Beef Malaysian Style
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 524
- Fat: 41g
- Sodium: 1165g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 24g
- Cholesterol: 76g
- 250 g Top Loin Steak, cut into 25 mm cubes
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Cloves, Ground
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 3 Tbs cooking oil
- 1 large onion, cut into 15 mm slices
- 1 Tbs ginger, shredded
- 1 Tbs Chilli Sauce, (optional)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 3 spring onions, the leaves chopped
- ½ cucumber, peeled and diced (optional)
- Put beef in a bowl. Add white pepper, cinnamon, ground cloves, salt to taste and sugar and mix well.
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onion and fry until lightly browned.
- Add ginger, seasoned beef, chilli sauce (optional) and water and mix well. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 1 hour or until meat is tender .
- Remove lid, add soy sauce and fry until gravy is thick.
- Add Spring Onion leaves and cucumber (optional), mix well and serve with rice and salad.