Braised Chicken with Mushrooms
Author: Nora Zailina Nordin
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 334
- Fat: 24g
- Sodium: 493g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 22g
- Cholesterol: 110g
- 1 kg Chicken, cut into 10 pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbs Oil, for sauteing
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cm. ginger, finely shredded
- 50 g dried black mushrooms, soaked in hot water*
- salt & sugar to taste
- 1 tsp cornflower, Mix cornflower and water to a paste
- 3 Tbs Water
- 2 Red Chiles, seeded & sliced lengthwise
- 5 stalks spring onion, cut into 3 cm. lengths
- 300 ml stock from soaking mushrooms*
- 3 Tbs oyster sauce
- 1 tsp Thick Soya Sauce
- 2 tsp sweet soya sauce
- 2 Tbs Hoi Sin sauce
- Marinate chicken pieces, salt and black pepper powder for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil; fry chicken pieces till half -cooked. Remove from heat. Leave aside.
- Leave 3 tablespoonfuls oil in the wok. Saute chopped onions, garlic and shredded ginger till fragrant.
- Put in sauces, black mushrooms and chicken pieces. Cook till boiling.
- Reduce heat: simmer till the chicken is completely cooked.
- Mix in the thickening paste. Season to taste; stir till mixture is quite thick.
- Dish up into a casserole. Garnish with sliced red chillies and spring onions. Serve hot.