Caribbean Goat Curry
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 463
- Fat: 25g
- Sodium: 802g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 49g
- Cholesterol: 129g
- 1 kg Goat -- Good Cut like leg chops
- 1 lime -- Finely grated rind and juice of
- 2 Cloves garlic -- crushed
- 3 Tbs Oil
- 1 med Onion -- finely chopped
- 2 tsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- 1 Tbs Tabasco sauce
- 2 Tbs Tomato puree
- 50 g Creamed coconut -- (2 oz)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbs Fresh coriander -- finely chopped
- Place the meat in a non-metallic bowl, add the grated rind and juice of lime along with the garlic, stir to combine and cover. Marinade for 2 hours or overnight in a refrigerator.
- In a flameproof casserole dish heat the oil and cook the onions until soft. Remove and put to one side.
- Add the meat and fry over a high heat until sealed. Stir in the curry powder and cumin and cook for 1 minute, then add the Tabasco sauce, tomato puree and creamed coconut and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the salt and approximately 750 ml (1¼ pints) of water, bring to the boil then cover and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 1½-2 hours until the meat is tender.
- Stir in coriander before serving with boiled rice.
- Serving Ideas : Serve with Rice