Garlic & Chill Flavoured Potatoes with Cauliflower
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 302g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0g
- 350 Grams New Potatoes
- 1 Small cauliflower (sm), cut in floret's
- 2 tbs Olive oil
- 1 tsp mustard seed
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 5 Cloves garlic, lightly crushed, then chopped
- 2 green chilli, chopped and deseeded if you like
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- ½ tsp salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp coriander Leaves, chopped
- Cook the potatoes in their skins in a saucepan of boiling water for 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain, then soak in cold water for 30 minutes. Peel them, if you like, then halve or quarter according to their size - they should be only slightly bigger than the size of the cauliflower floret's.
- Meanwhile divide the cauliflower into about 1-cm/1/2 inch florets and blanch in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 3 minutes. Drain and plunge into iced water to prevent further cooking then drain again.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. When hot, but not smoking, add the mustard seeds, then the cumin seeds. Remove from the heat and add the garlic and chillies. Return to a low heat and cook, stirring until the garlic has a light brown tinge.
- Stir in the turmeric, followed by the cauliflower and the potatoes. Add the salt, increase the heat slightly and cook, stirring, until the vegetables are well blended with the spices and heated through.
- Stir in the coriander, remove from the heat and serve immediately.