Ginger & lime marinated fish with coriander butter
Author: Michele Curtis
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 1369
- Fat: 141g
- Sodium: 101g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 29g
- Cholesterol: 431g
- 3 tblsp butter, at room temperature
- 1 Tbs finely chopped fresh coriander
- lime, rind finely grated
- ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 600 Grams white fish fillets, (like ling, blue eye/ trevalla or gem fish), cut into 2cm thick strips
- Boiled waxy potatoes (like desiree or pink eye), sliced
- Rocket leaves, to serve
ginger & lime marinade
- 2 whole limes, juiced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp grated fresh ginger
- Ginger & lime marinated fish with coriander butter
- Combine the butter, coriander, lime rind, ginger and pepper in a bowl. Use a fork to mix until well combined. Place the butter mixture onto a sheet of non- stick baking paper and roll up to form a sausage shape. Place in fridge for at least 30 minutes or until firm enough to slice.
- Meanwhile, to make marinade, combine lime juice, sesame oil and ginger in a medium glass or ceramic bowl. Add the fish strips and mix to coat. Cover and place in fridge for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat barbecue grill or chargrill on medium-high. Thread the fish strips onto 16 skewers.
- Cook the fish skewers on preheated grill, turning occasionally, for 1-2 minutes each side or until just cooked through.
- Serve the skewers immediately, topped with a slice of the coriander butter and accompanied by the potatoes and rocket