Green Chilli Fish Kebabs
Author: David Herbert
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 412
- Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 1098g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 41g
- Cholesterol: 103g
- 350 g Fish Fillets, White, skinned
- 250 g Salmon Fillet
- 3 Long Chili, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 4 Spring Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs Coriander Leaf, finely chopped
- 1 Tbs Mint Leaves, chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger, finely grated
- 2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
- 1 Whole Lime Juice, also zest
- 1 Tbs Fennel Seeds
- 1 Tbs Coriander Seeds
- 1 tsp Black Peppercorns
- Dipping Sauce
- 250 ml Greek Yogurt
- 1 Small Cucumber, grated or finely chopped
- 3 Tbs Mint Leaves, chopped roughly
- Soak 12 skewers in warm water for 20 minutes
- Remove any bones from fish, roughly chop, then whiz in a food processor until minced.
- Mix well with chillies, spring onions. coriander, mint, ginger, garlic, lime zest and juice
- Heat fennel seeds, coriander seeds and peppercorns in a frying pan over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant. Grind in a spice mill or with a pestle and mortar.
- Stir spice into fish mixture and season with sea salt.
- Mould mixture on to skewers
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Cook kebabs either on a barbecue plate or on a heated grill pan until golden on both sides.
- Make yogurt sauce by combining yoghurt, cucumber and mint.