Author: Valli Little
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 204
- Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 140g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 31g
- Cholesterol: 59g
- ½ tsp saffron threads
- 1 tomatoes, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced
- ½ red capsicum, roasted, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced
- ½ yellow capsicum, roasted, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ small red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 1 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 75 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 10 ml lemon juice
- 300 Grams swordfish fillets, about (2 Pieces)
- ½ Tbs chopped fresh mint
- ½ Tbs chopped fresh coriander
- Place saffron threads in a bowl with two tablespoons of warm water and set aside for five minutes.
- Place tomato, capsicum, coriander, cumin, chilli, garlic, oil, lemon juice and saffron and its soaking liquid in a pan. Heat gently through.
- Preheat a chargrill or non-stick frying pan to high. Season the fish, brush with oil and fry for 1-2 minutes (the centre should remain rare).
- Place on serving plates, add the herbs to the sauce and divide the sauce between the plates.