Author: Sophia Young
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 525
- Fat: 37g
- Sodium: 73g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 110g
- 350 g mulberries, stems removed
- 1 tsp finely grated orange rind
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 110 g caster sugar
- 250 ml thickened cream
- 250 grams mascarpone
- 1 Tbs Grand Marnier
- Icing sugar and crisp biscuits, to serve
- Reserve 4 mulberries. Place remaining mulberries, orange rind, lemon juice, sugar and 1 tbs water in a heavy-based saucepan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to low.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 3-5 minutes. Uncover and cook for a further 3-5 minutes or until mixture is pulpy.
- Transfer mulberry mixture to a food processor and process until smooth. Set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream, mascarpone and liqueur until firm peaks form, then gently fold in cooled mulberry puree. Divide mixture among 4, 1 cup-capacity glasses. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled.
- Top each fool with a reserved mulberry. Dust with a little icing sugar and serve with crisp biscuits on the side.