- Serves: 18
- Calories: 208
- Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 187g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 38g
- ½ cup butter, room temperature
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 2 lrg eggs, room temperature
- 2 cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cup mulberries, fresh or frozen
- 4 tsp sugar
- ½ cup White Chocolate Chip, Optional, for white chocolate variation
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 181/2 cup muffin cups.
- Using electric mixer, cream ½ cup butter and 11/4 cup sugar in large bowl. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addtion.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into small bowl. Mix dry ingredients into butter mixture alternately with milk.
- Fold in berries. (If using white chocolate this is the time to include it.) Divide batter among prepared cups. Sprinkle the 4 tsp. sugar over. Bake until tester inserted in centers comes out clean. About 30 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.