Pepe Pasta with Shrimp, Tomato and Tarragon
Author: George Bumbaris, Executive Chef
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 592
- Fat: 25g
- Sodium: 625g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 29g
- Cholesterol: 91g
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- ½ cup onion -- peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp garlic -- minced
- 1¼ cup tomato concassé
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 Scallops
- 12 fresh prawns - peeled and deveined
- 3 cups chicken or shrimp stock
- 1 cup pepe pasta
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbs whole butter
- 1 Tbs chives -- chopped fine
- ½ tsp tarragon -- chopped
- ½ tsp Italian parsley -- chopped
- In a medium-sized sauce pot over medium heat, sauté the onion in the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook for 1 additional minute.
- Add the tomatoes, then add the white wine. Simmer until the liquid is reduced au sec.
- Add the scallops and prawns and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- In a separate sauce pot, bring the chicken stock to a boil. Add the pepe pasta and simmer until the pasta is tender, approximately 15 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and toss in the lime juice, butter and herbs.
- Gently stir in the tomato and shrimp mixture and serve immediately.