Potato and Leek Soup Recipe
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 289
- Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 1238g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 8g
- Cholesterol: 3g
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 large leek, washed thoroughly and chopped finely
- 600 g potato, peeled and diced
- 3 cups vegetable stock, (750ml)
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, finely diced
- 3 Tbs light sour cream
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan. Add the leek and lightly brown. Add the potatoes to the leek and cook over low heat for around 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the vegetable stock; mix in with the leek and potatoes until well combined.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes or until the soup has thickened.
- Place soup in a food processor and process until smooth, or using a stick blender, blend the soup in the pot, being careful not to touch the bottom of the saucepan.
- Add the sour cream if desired and mix into the soup. Add the parsley and stir to combine. Spoon soups into bowls and serve immediately with your favorite bread.