- Serves: 4
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 20g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0g
- 1½ Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 500 g Eggplant, unpeeled, and cut into 1" cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1" pieces
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- ½ yellow bell pepper, cut into 1" pieces
- 600 g ripe tomatoes, seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 2 Thyme Sprigs, fresh
- ½ Rosemary Sprig, fresh
- ½ bay leaf
- ⅛ cup minced fresh basil
- Salt, to taste
- Black Pepper, Freshly-ground to taste
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until tender, about 10 minutes. Add eggplants and garlic; sauté 5 minutes. Add zucchini and bell peppers; sauté 5 minutes. Mix in tomatoes, thyme, rosemary and bay leaf. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender and flavors have blended, stirring occasionally, about 40 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf; stir in basil. Season ratatouille generously with salt and pepper. Transfer to bowl. (Can be prepared 8 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.) Serve cold, warm or hot.
- This recipe yields 4 servings.