Red Bean Paste Steamed Buns
- Serves: 8
- Calories: 143
- Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 214g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0g
- 300 g Red Bean Paste
- 2½ cups flour
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- 3 Tbs caster sugar (Also known as berry sugar)
- 2 Tbs softened lard
- ½ cup water (roughly)
- ½ tsp white vinegar
- 1 Tbs sesame oil (for brushing)
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl, add the sugar and mix. Add the lard and rub it in with your fingertips until evenly distributed
- Add the water and vinegar until it comes together into a nice doughy mass
- Roll it into a ball.
- Cover and let it sit for 30 minutes
- Split the ball into 8 roughly even sized pieces.
- Flatten the dough balls into circles. Then roll out each piece and put a spoonful of bean paste onto the "circle" of dough.
- Pull up the sides around the filling and pinch them together, give the pinched flaps a twist to hold them closed and put them onto a piece of parchment paper in your steamer.
- Brush the tops with sesame oil. Then steam the buns for 20 minutes then serve.