White Wine and Cream Mushroom Sauce
- Serves: 0
- Calories: 1099
- Fat: 87g
- Sodium: 152g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 19g
- Cholesterol: 181g
- 170 g Button Mushrooms
- 140 g wild mushrooms
- 200 ml crème fraiche
- 150 ml white wine
- 100 ml water
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- ½ tsp of dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-large sized saucepan, add the chopped onion and fry over a gently heat for 7 - 10 minutes or until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Whilst the onions are cooking, slice the mushrooms to your desired thickness.
- Add the mushrooms to the onions, together with the crushed garlic and cook for a few more minutes
- Pour in the white wine and bring the mixture to the boil.
- Reduce the heat slightly and cook until the sauce has reduced by about half.
- Pour in the water and stir in the crème fraiche.
- Bring the sauce to the boil once again and cook for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the thyme, salt and pepper and taste.
- Mix well and serve immediately