- Serves: 3
- Calories: 296
- Fat: 25g
- Sodium: 485g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 162g
- 2 Tbs butter or margarine
- 3 Tbs vegetable oil
- 3½ cups zucchini, coarsely grated
- ¼ cup flour, all-purpose
- 2 whole eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp pepper, black
- Heat the butter and oil together in a 12-inch skillet over moderate heat.
- Meanwhile, quickly mix the zucchini with the flour, eggs, salt and pepper to form a batter.
- Drop Tablespoonful of batter into hot butter and oil to form 6 patties 2 to 2½ inches in diameter.
- Flatten each patty slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Reserve the remaining batter.
- Cook the patties for about 4 minutes on each side, or until they are golden brown and crusty.
- Remove them to a platter covered with paper toweling and set in a keep-warm (250 F) oven.
- Use the remaining batter cook 6 more patties in the same manner, adding 1 more Tablespoon of oil to the skillet, if needed.