- Serves: 8
- Calories: 360
- Fat: 24g
- Sodium: 721g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 11g
- Cholesterol: 9g
- 8 rounds puff pastry, 2mm thick and 10cm in diameter.
- 1 cup Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 fillet anchovy, finely chopped
- 3 black olives, pitted, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- 300 g fresh salmon, thinly sliced (about 5mm thick)
- 1 small sprig lemon thyme, finely chopped
- 15 green olives, finely chopped ,
- a few sprigs chervil
- Place rounds of puff pastry on an oven sheet. In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce with 1 tsp olive oil, chopped anchovy fillet and black olives and season with black pepper. Thinly spread a little of the mixture in the centre of each pastry round, leaving a margin of about 1 cm at the edge. Bake pastry rounds in a hot oven until done - about 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, coat salmon with 1 tbsp olive oil and lemon thyme and season with salt and pepper. Gently place salmon slices onto cooked pastry rounds to garnish each attractively. Brush sides of pastry with remaining olive oil. Place tartlet's in oven for a few minutes until salmon just starts to change colour. Serve sprinkled with chopped olives and a few sprigs of chervil.