- Serves: 12
- Calories: 118
- Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 153g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 19g
- Cholesterol: 19g
- 1 kg kangaroo fillets
- 12 skewers ( soaked wooden or metal)
- ½ cup tomato paste
- ½ cup rice vinegar ( or white vinegar)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Combine all ingredients except kangaroo meat in a medium saucepan and warm through for 5 minutes over a gentle heat stirring occasionally, a few bubbles are OK but don't let it boil hard.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Meanwhile cut the kangaroo meat into bite size cubes for the kebabs, try to keep them fairly square.
- Once the sauce mixture has cooled gently stir through the kangaroo cubes into the saucepan and refrigerate for an hour. Turn ocasionally to make sure they are evenly coated.
- Thread cubes onto the skewers but leave a gap between each piece of meat for more even cooking. Leave as much of the sauce on as possible, it will help stew the meat a little and give good heat transfer with the BBQ plate.
- Cook on a low-medium BBQ plate for around 2 minutes per side. I like to turn 90 degrees at a time so that is about 8 minutes total cooking time. Sometimes a piece will fail to rotate so have a fork on hand to give the bothersome pieces a little tweak.