Kangaroo Stir Fry with Black Bean Sauce, Vegetables and Egg Noodles
Author: Craig Squire
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 313
- Fat: 16g
- Sodium: 19g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 7g
- Cholesterol: 41g
- 600 g Kangaroo, denude any sinew and slice across the grain at 8mm by five pieces or strips
- 1 small onion, cut in strips 1 cm wide with the grain
- 1 half Carrot, cut length ways and then across at a diagonal at 5mm thick
- 1 whole tomato, cut into cubes
- 1 small broccoli florets, or other green vegetable like bok choy cabbage or beans cut into pieces up to 1cm wide
- 500 g noodles, egg, cooked, hokkien mee
- 60 ml peanut oil
- Blanch noodles in boiling water and drain - don't cool.
- Have everything laid out neatly in front of you - that's all the ingredients and equipment including the serving dishes. Have everything ready including the guests sitting and waiting because stirfrys are meant to be eaten immediately.
- Heat 60ml of vegetable oil in a wok until very hot. Carefully put in roo meat, push out to extent of flame area and don't move it. Avoid the oil cooling until the veg have gone in unless of course you have a strong flame then you can stir a bit earlier. When the roo is half cooked add all the veg and toss. When slightly cooked add sauce and noodles, then bring rapidly back to boil and toss over a couple of times. This should have taken no more than five minutes and the meat should still be a little pink.
- Serve and enjoy with a chilled pinot noir.