Chicken, Mushroom and Leek Fricassee
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 397
- Fat: 25g
- Sodium: 186g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 30g
- Cholesterol: 146g
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut 1" pieces
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1½ Tbs butter
- 225 Grams mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small leek, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon (or 1 tspn dried tarragon)
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup whipping cream
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, mushrooms, leek and tarragon. Sauté 8 minutes.
- Add wine and cream. Reduce heat to medium. Cover skillet; simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes.
- Uncover; simmer until mushrooms and leek are tender and sauce thickens enough to coat spoon, about 2 minutes longer. Season with salt and pepper.
- This recipe yields 2 servings; can be doubled.
- Comments: Round out this French-style meal with rice and steamed asparagus; polish things off with raspberry tarts from the bakery.