Baked beetroot with balsamic vinegar
Author: Jamie Olivers
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 284
- Fat: 21g
- Sodium: 102g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0g
- 455 g fresh raw beetroots, scrubbed
- 10 cloves of garlic, unpeeled and squashed
- 1 handful fresh marjoram or sweet oregano, leaves picked
- salt, freshly ground black pepper
- 10 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6. Tear off a strip of kitchen foil big enough to hold the beets in a parcel. If the beets are large, cut in half to speed up their cooking time; if small, use them whole. Place them in the middle of the foil with the garlic and marjoram, season generously with salt and pepper and then fold the sides of the foil into the middle.
- Before you seal the parcel, add the vinegar and olive oil. Scrunch or fold the foil together to seal at the top. Place in the preheated oven and cook for around 1 hour, until tender.
- Serve in the bag at the table.