Sweet Potato Salad
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 404
- Fat: 19g
- Sodium: 462g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 28g
- 2 whole Sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into large pieces
- 3 rashers rindless bacon rashers, coarsely chopped
- 80 ML buttermilk
- 1 Tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ small garlic clove, crushed
- ⅓ cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- 2 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Cook sweet potato in a large saucepan of salted boiling water for 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Place on a tray in a single layer to cool. When cool enough to handle, cut into 2cm pieces. Place in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, sauté bacon in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel to remove excess oil and set aside.
- Whisk buttermilk, mayonnaise, mustard and garlic in a jug. Pour over sweet potato. Add three-quarters of the parsley, bacon and shallot. Toss to combine. Sprinkle remaining bacon, shallot and parsley over salad to serve.